The European ERASMUS+ programme gives scholarships to vocational students in Tyrol for international internships in the EU.
The Chamber of Labour for Tyrol, Standortagentur Tirol and the Regional Government of Tyrol also provide vocational students in Tyrol with access to Erasmus+ and the "Tyroleans take to the road" mobility programme.
Advantages for vocational students
- Acquire new practical and theoretical knowledge
- Improve foreign language skills
- Strengthen social and personal competences
- Gain work experience in another European country
- Improve opportunities on the labour market significantly
- Can be credited as a mandatory internship completed abroad
Funding is available for
- Students at vocational schools whose primary residence is in Tyrol
- Graduates of vocational schools in Tyrol whose primary residence is in Tyrol (the internship should be completed within a year of finishing school
Students younger than 18 need their parents' declaration of consent to use the mobility programme.
Every vocational student or graduate can receive funding only once.
- Companies and institutions in the public or private sector
Internships at institutions, which run EU community programmes or receive EU funding (e.g. European administrative offices such as ministries, European Parliament, European Commission) as well as representative bodies of social partners and international representatives of the participant's country of origin (cultural institutes, embassies, consulates, chambers of foreign trade, ...) are not funded.
The international internship should be a mandatory internship according to the school curriculum.
Internships are funded in the following countries
- EU member states, incl. overseas departments
- EEA countries (Liechtenstein, Norway and Island)
- Turkey, Croatia
An internship in the country of nationality cannot be funded.
Possible internship duration
Two weeks to twelve months
Only a continuous stay can be funded.
- Mobility grant: in addition to possible internship remuneration, the internship is financed by a scholarship depending on the destination country and duration. The scholarship is composed of a living and a travel allowance.
- Language courses: the European Union offers a free online language course for internships in a country where English, French, Italian, Spanish or Dutch is spoken. Standortagentur Tirol will inform the relevant vocational students of this service before they start their internship.