The European ERASMUS+ programme gives scholarships to trainees from Tyrol for international internships in the EU.
The Chamber of Labour for Tyrol, Standortagentur Tirol and the Regional Government of Tyrol also provide trainees in Tyrol with access to Erasmus+ and the "Tyroleans take to the road" mobility programme.
Advantages for trainees
- Acquire new practical and theoretical knowledge
- Improve foreign language skills
- Strengthen social and personal competences
- Gain work experience in another European country
- Improve opportunities on the labour market significantly
- Can be credited as a a part of the traineeship completed abroad
Advantages for companies
- Improve competitiveness with new skills
- Trainees with international experience are better qualified and can be employed more flexibly
- Contact to international companies or partner businesses
Funding is available for
- Trainees in Tyrolean companies whose primary residence is in Tyrol
Trainees younger than 18 need their parents' declaration of consent to use the mobility programme.
- Companies and institutions in the public or private sector
Internships at institutions, which run EU community programmes or receive EU funding (e.g. European administrative offices such as ministries, European Parliament, European Commission) as well as representative bodies of social partners and international representatives of the participant's country of origin (cultural institutes, embassies, consulates, chambers of foreign trade, ...) are not funded.
The internship has to have a professional connection to the actual traineeship.
Internships are funded in the following countries
- EU member states, incl. overseas departments
- EEA countries (Liechtenstein, Norway and Island)
An internship in the country of nationality cannot be funded.
Possible internship duration
Four weeks to six months
Only a continuous stay can be funded.
- Mobility grant: in addition to possible internship remuneration, the internship is financed by a scholarship depending on the destination country and duration. The scholarship is composed of a living and a travel allowance.
- Language courses: the European Union offers a free online language course for internships in a country where English, French, Italian, Spanish or Dutch is spoken. Standortagentur Tirol will inform the relevant trainees of this service before they start their internship.
- The training company continues to pay the training allowance. But the company, if it so desired, can take on a trainee from the exchange company whose pay will in turn be paid by that company.